What is WIC and How Do I Apply?
WIC is a nutrition education program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC provides supplemental foods that promote good health for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to age 5.
Who is Eligible?
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Postpartum women who delivered within 6 months
- Children up to 5 years old
All of whom:
- Residents of Florida
- Meet eligibility guidelines
WIC SERVICES ARE FREE!
How Do I get WIC?
- Make an appointment at a WIC clinic.
- Bring all necessary information to determine eligibility.
Eligibility Checklist: English,Spanish , and Creole.
- Bring the child, infant or woman who is applying.
- If eligible by income, you will see a Nutrition professional and be enrolled.
- You will receive checks for specific nutritious foods to use at retail stores.
Benefits of being enrolled in the WIC Program
- You get nutritious foods at no cost.
- You receive nutrition counseling and education for yourself and your children.
- You receive breastfeeding support as needed.
WIC will provide:
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Supplemental foods such as:
Milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, juice, peanut butter, beans, and baby foods.
For moms who choose not to breastfeed, WIC provides regular contract infant formulas. By having a contract with one infant formula company, WIC can serve more babies!
- Breastfeeding support by Peer Counselors and a Lactation Consultant
- Manual breast pumps, if needed
- Electric breast pumps for loan, if needed.
- Referrals for health care.