This month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released their 2022 Clinical Practice Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Pain. The report is an update to previous 2016 Guidelines, but takes a step backwards in the national fight against the opioid crisis. In response, Dr. Kenneth A. Scheppke, Florida's Deputy Secretary for Health, wrote the response below. This was published in the Wall Street Journal on November 21, 2022.
FDOH in St. Lucie County Twitter
- FDOH and DCF Leadership Visit Brevard County Core Network
- FDOH Encourages Floridians to Be Prepared Ahead of Tropical Storm Nicole's Landfall
- Tropical Storm Nicole - Early Prescription Refills Permitted Under State of Emergency
- FDOH and DCF Leadership Visit Volusia County Core Network
- Health Advisory for Bacterial Levels *River Park Marina, Port St. Lucie*
- Florida Department of Health, St. Lucie Office Closure for Tropical Storm Nicole
- Florida Department of Health Addresses Respiratory Syncytial Virus in Florida
- Health Advisory for Bacteria Levels "River Park Marina, Port St. Lucie"
- Florida Department of Health in St. Lucie Providing Lifesaving Naloxone to Reduce Substance Abuse Deaths
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals