The Florida Department of Health reports that the 2014-2015 flu season is off to an early start and Floridians are urged to get vaccinated to protect themselves and others against the flu. Activity levels are highest in children but overall influenza activity is widely spread across the state. Increased influenza activity in children typically comes ahead of increases in activity in adults and the elderly. Within the last week, there has been an increase in the percentage of pregnant women seeking care at emergency departments for influenza or influenza like illnesses (ILI) and the level is similar to what we see at the height of influenza season.
- Public Information Lines Available for Questions on Measles
- High Demand for Health Care Jobs in Florida
- Stress Management Key To Achieving Healthy Weight
- Three Appointments to Emergency Medical Services Advisory Council
- Nature Play Prescription Program Expands to Reach More Floridians
- Measles Case Confirmed in St. Lucie County
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals